Upcoming Conventions and Other Appearances
Friday, August 28, 2009
For those of you who are interested in some of the more recognizable characters, here's a condensed version of the previous Fast Food Mafia pin-up with just the first five that I drew. You can purchase a 9x12" gloss print for $5, plus an additional $4 for mailing costs. Just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. I accept payment through PayPal. And of course the prints won't include the watermarks.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
A commissioned piece for Burger Beast and his event 'The Burgies Awards', which is being held in Coral Gables, to celebrate south Florida's "everyman food" as well as commemorate the blog's one year anniversary. So if you live in the area be sure to swing by and enjoy the venue of hot dogs, pizza, chicken wings, and of course burgers, just to name a few items on the menu. I'd go if I weren't living at the opposite side of the States.
Lord of the Rings fonts can be found here.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
This really just started out as a simple drawing to amuse myself. But after getting a lot of positive feedback I decided to make more of these fast food mafia characters and create a pin-up with them. Going from left to right, top to bottom, the fast food chain restaurants and their respective persons/mascots parodied here include:
- Jack in the Box -- Robert "Jack in the" Box
- McDonald's -- Ronald McDonald, Grimace, and Birdie
- Burger King -- "The King"
- Wendy's -- Wendy
- Kentucky Fried Chicken -- founder Harland Sanders
- Papa John's Pizza -- founder John Schnatter
- Little Caesars -- Little Caesar
- Taco Bell -- chihuahua dog
- Panda Express -- panda
- Sonic Drive-in -- founder Troy Smith and Katie the carhop
- Quiznos -- talking baby Bob
- Subway -- spokesman Jared Fogle
- Dairy Queen -- talking red lips