Introductions

I'm a freelance illustrator and a Kendall College of Art and Design graduate currently living in Michigan. My work ranges from rendered paintings in watercolor, to still-lifes in pastel, to film storyboards, to more comic-style illustrations in digital or traditional colors. Needless to say, my work is diverse. My intention for use of this blog is to display my artwork in a professional manner and to bring in commission-based business. Essentially, this is my online portfolio. Many illustrators are using blogs these days, and needing a presence for myself, this will hopefully work for me as well. So I encourage you to watch regularly for postings of artwork and perhaps be compelled to call on my services for a commission. Keep in mind that I work in a variety of mediums and subjects, so do not hesitate to ask for something that you might not see here. Just contact me at andrew.shirey@yahoo.com, my work e-mail and my Paypal account.

Read my illustration commissions post as a starting point to get an idea of the potential price range.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fast Food Mafia pin-up


This really just started out as a simple drawing to amuse myself. But after getting a lot of positive feedback I decided to make more of these fast food mafia characters and create a pin-up with them. Going from left to right, top to bottom, the fast food chain restaurants and their respective persons/mascots parodied here include:
  • Jack in the Box -- Robert "Jack in the" Box
  • McDonald's -- Ronald McDonald, Grimace, and Birdie
  • Burger King -- "The King"
  • Wendy's -- Wendy
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken -- founder Harland Sanders
  • Papa John's Pizza -- founder John Schnatter
  • Little Caesars -- Little Caesar
  • Taco Bell -- chihuahua dog
  • Panda Express -- panda
  • Sonic Drive-in -- founder Troy Smith and Katie the carhop
  • Quiznos -- talking baby Bob
  • Subway -- spokesman Jared Fogle
  • Dairy Queen -- talking red lips
You can purchase an 11x17" gloss print for $7, plus an additional $5 for mailing costs. Just contact me at andrew.shirey@yahoo.com if you're interested. I accept payment through PayPal. And of course the prints won't include the watermarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment