Introductions

I'm a freelance illustrator and a Kendall College of Art and Design graduate currently living in Michigan. My work ranges from rendered paintings in watercolor, to still-lifes in pastel, to film storyboards, to more comic-style illustrations in digital or traditional colors. Needless to say, my work is diverse. My intention for use of this blog is to display my artwork in a professional manner and to bring in commission-based business. Essentially, this is my online portfolio. Many illustrators are using blogs these days, and needing a presence for myself, this will hopefully work for me as well. So I encourage you to watch regularly for postings of artwork and perhaps be compelled to call on my services for a commission. Keep in mind that I work in a variety of mediums and subjects, so do not hesitate to ask for something that you might not see here. Just contact me at andrew.shirey@yahoo.com, my work e-mail and my Paypal account.

Read my illustration commissions post as a starting point to get an idea of the potential price range.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ash -Evil Dead II- PSC


Made this sketch card specifically for Detroit Fanfare, which included Bruce Campbell himself as a special guest. Sadly, he cancelled his Sunday appearance, which is when I had the card finished and ticket purchased to see him. *sigh* Oh, well. Maybe our paths will cross down the road and then I'll get his autograph on this.

This particular sketch card is not for sale, at least not for the conventional $25 USD. I'll be keeping this unless someone really makes it worth my while. If interested, make me an offer.

On a side note, thanks to my friend Jason Westlake for lending me his white Gelly Roll pen. I must make it a point to purchase one for myself. So much easier than touching up with white gouache.

No comments:

Post a Comment