Introductions

I'm a freelance illustrator and a Kendall College of Art and Design graduate currently living in Michigan. My work ranges from rendered paintings in watercolor, to still-lifes in pastel, to film storyboards, to more comic-style illustrations in digital or traditional colors. Needless to say, my work is diverse. My intention for use of this blog is to display my artwork in a professional manner and to bring in commission-based business. Essentially, this is my online portfolio. Many illustrators are using blogs these days, and needing a presence for myself, this will hopefully work for me as well. So I encourage you to watch regularly for postings of artwork and perhaps be compelled to call on my services for a commission. Keep in mind that I work in a variety of mediums and subjects, so do not hesitate to ask for something that you might not see here. Just contact me at andrew.shirey@yahoo.com, my work e-mail and my Paypal account.

Read my illustration commissions post as a starting point to get an idea of the potential price range.

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Burgies '10

Here are a handful of photos taken during the second annual Burgie Awards hosted down in Miami, Florida, at the Transit Lounge by the Burger Beast himself, food critic Sef Gonzalez. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to partake in the food and festivities. But for those of you who are curious, read the details here. Despite not being there in person, seeing the winners holding my artwork as a trophy of sorts gives me a certain degree of pride.

Charm City Burger: Best Burger Broward

Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog

La Camaronera: Best Sandwich

Latin Burger & Taco: Best Burger Miami-Dade

Quickie's Burgers and Wings: Best Specialty Burger

The Filling Station: Best Wings

Yellow Submarine: Best Hot Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment