Introductions

I'm a freelance illustrator and a Kendall College of Art and Design graduate currently living in Michigan. My work ranges from rendered paintings in watercolor, to still-lifes in pastel, to film storyboards, to more comic-style illustrations in digital or traditional colors. Needless to say, my work is diverse. My intention for use of this blog is to display my artwork in a professional manner and to bring in commission-based business. Essentially, this is my online portfolio. Many illustrators are using blogs these days, and needing a presence for myself, this will hopefully work for me as well. So I encourage you to watch regularly for postings of artwork and perhaps be compelled to call on my services for a commission. Keep in mind that I work in a variety of mediums and subjects, so do not hesitate to ask for something that you might not see here. Just contact me at andrew.shirey@yahoo.com, my work e-mail and my Paypal account.

Read my illustration commissions post as a starting point to get an idea of the potential price range.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Witchfinder sketch card


When the individual issues were being released, I followed along with another of Mike Mignola's Hellboy offshoot series, that being Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder: In the Service of Angels. However, it wasn't until this afternoon that I borrowed the graphic novel and read the series in its entirety. Good stuff, needless to say.

Recently, I was also sent a reminder of a sketch card charity event, The Treasure Chest of Art, which I had agreed to participate in at the last Motor City Comic Con. And having just finished Witchfinder, it seemed like a fun choice for my subject.

If you would like to have this original piece of artwork, purchase your very own chest set, which includes an additional forty-nine sketch cards. All proceeds will go towards the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation, a worthwhile cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment